Friday, January 23, 2015

Raw Food Recipe Reviews, Week 1




A Berry Delicious Drink

 I gave this smoothie 3 stars:
*Easy
*Simple
*Visually Appealing

Personally I felt that the banana overpowered the other fruit. The recipe called for 1-2 bananas and I added 1 and a half. I also think this recipe would have much more appeal if the bananas were frozen ahead of time, and possibly the other fruit.
Overall, I enjoyed it and felt satisfied for a couple hours.

African Spicy Sesame Soup

I was actually excited to try this recipe as the ingredients sounded so good. However, my daughter and I ate only a couple bites and then dumped it. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it was horrible. The consistency was more like a pudding than soup, the garlic was way too strong, and it just was not palatable. It seemed to me more fitting as a condiment for something. Sadly, it was a great waste of some awesome ingredients.

I did not give this any stars.

Avocado Burritos

 This was my favorite recipe I made this week from the book. I love avocado, it was quick and easy to put together and tasted very refreshing. I did add sea salt and granulated garlic to the avocado mixture. I gave it five stars:
*Easy
*Uniqueness
*Taste
*Presentation
*Simple




Banana Bites

Listed under the breakfast section, these were another quick and simple meal to prepare. I served them up to my son and I with some fresh squeezed orange juice. Satisfying! I gave it 4 stars:
*Taste
*Presentation
*Easy
*Simple

Banana Tahini Drink

Like the Berry one above, this would have been much tastier if made with frozen bananas. I found the taste a little insipid and the color drab. I added a pinch of cinnamon to give it a little more zip.
I gave this one 2 stars:
*Easy
*Simple













Five-star system: 

*Easy- preparation can be prepared within 20 minutes
*Uniqueness 
*Taste- very palatable
*Presentation- visually appealing
*Simple- Common and easily obtainable ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment